• Car tyre sizes are normally shown as "185/65R15 88H". These can be
found on the side wall of your existing tyre or in your vehicle handbook.
• The first number, in this case "185", denotes the width of the tyre at its
widest point, in millimetres.
• The next number, shown here as "65", is the ratio of the tyres sidewall
height to the width of the tyre, shown as a percentage. In this case
the sidewall height would be 65% of the width.
• The "R" stands for radial. A lack of letter means you are dealing with a
• The third number after the R, in this example "15", is the diameter of
the wheel the tyre is designed to fit, in inches (yes, tyre sizes are a
combination of metric and imperial units!)
• The next part, "88H", denotes the load and speed ratings. The number
is the load rating and the letter is the speed rating.
Request a service from CW2 Tyres for new and part-worn car tyres available in Crewe, Cheshire, and nearby areas.
If you have any queries, please contact us:
TEL: 01270 214425
Or use our Contact Form